This position is responsible for assisting and supporting the Cat Program Manager at Clermont Animal CARE. Cat Care Techs will be responsible for performing tasks related to daily cat care, adoptions, and program support. Cat Care Technicians work under the direction of the Cat Program Manager.
- Clean and disinfect cat cages and cat rooms.
- Feed cats in cages and cat rooms.
- Read and follow signage regarding special diets.
- Follow cleaning and feeding protocol as determined by the Cat Program Manager, Director of Lifesaving Programs and Medical Director Assist with medications as needed and directed by the Medical Director.
- Greet adopters and other members of the public in a warm and friendly manner.
- Answer questions about the cats available for adoption.
- Review adoption policies with potential adopters.
- Commit to following an “open adoption” mindset.
- Complete adoption paperwork.
- Follow adoption protocol as determined by the Cat Program Manager and Director of Lifesaving Programs.
- Assist with intake procedures of new cats including, vaccinations, de-worming, photographs, and new cage assignment.
- Assist with general housekeeping and maintenance duties including but not limited to,
Laundry, Dishes and Restocking.
- Follow cleaning protocol as determined by the Cat Program Manager, Medical Director and Director of Lifesaving Programs.
Major Essential Duties
- Be present and timely for the duration of each shift.
- Be empathetic and compassionate when interacting with the animals, staff, volunteers and public
Adhere to the Clermont Animal CARE Culture Agreement which includes behaving in a manner that promotes a fun, positive work environment.
Education and/or Experience
- Experience caring for and handling cats in a safe, effective, and humane manner.
- Knowledge of shelter medicine best practice.
- Knowledge of customer service.
- Knowledge of animal behavior patterns and disease symptoms.
Other Knowledge and/or Skills
- Ability to work under direct supervision.
- Ability to exercise judgment, tack and diplomacy.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and corresponding safety precautions necessary for the safe performance of assigned duties.
- Adherence to the applicable provisions of the Organization’s Policies & Procedures, the HR Policy Manual, and any other procedures, rules, regulations, and policies set forth by appropriate authorities.
- Must have personal integrity and remain free of felony convictions.
- Must maintain confidentiality.