This position is responsible for the daily care of the dogs at Clermont Animal CARE. Kennel Technicians feed, provide water, and clean and disinfect all dog kennels daily. They also work with other staff and the public to perform adoptions, intake dogs into our care, maintain general kennel cleanliness, and assist with programs that enhance the quality of life of dogs in our care. Kennel Technicians work under the direction of daily supervisors and the Kennel Manager.
- Clean and disinfect dog kennels and other areas of dog use.
- Feed and provide water for dogs in care.
- Maintain general cleanliness of the dog kennels.
- Perform dog intake protocol of strays and owner surrenders.
- Speak with potential adopters and introduce them to our dogs.
- Perform Meet & Greets with shelter dogs and the pets of potential adopters.
- Administer medication.
- Work with the Kennel Manager to implement daily enrichment activities.
- Assist in maintaining animal records.
- Assist in the maintenance of equipment, building, grounds and supplies.
- Perform any other animal care and shelter duties as directed by the Manager or Director.
Major Essential Duties
- Be present and timely for the duration of each shift.
- Follow protocols for feeding and care of the animals are followed by all staff.
- Follow appropriate dog handling protocol.
- Adhere to the Clermont Animal CARE Culture Agreement which includes behaving in a manner that promotes a fun, positive work environment.
Education and/or Experience
- Knowledge of caring for and feeding animals.
- Knowledge of animal behavior patterns and disease symptoms.
- Prior shelter or kennel experience preferred but not required.
- Ability to read and interpret policies and procedures.
- Possess strong oral and listening skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive issues.
Other Knowledge and/or Skills
- Ability to work under general supervision.
- Ability to maintain accurate medical records.
- Ability to restrain animals.
- Ability to exercise judgment, tack and diplomacy.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and corresponding safety precautions necessary for the safe performance of assigned duties.
- Adherence to the applicable provisions of the Organization’s Policies & Procedures, the HR Policy Manual, and any other procedures, rules, regulations, and policies set forth by appropriate authorities.
- Must have personal integrity and remain free of felony convictions.
- Must maintain confidentiality