Registered Veterinary Technician (RVT) Position in Batavia, OH
This position is responsible for assisting and supporting the Medical Director, staff veterinarian in examining, handling, and treating animals at Clermont Animal CARE. The RVT will provide daily routine and emergency medical care to all animals on-site at Clermont Animal CARE and for animals in foster care as needed. The RVT will work closely with the Medical Director to implement best practice of shelter medicine and ensure all animals are thriving in our care.
- Assist the Medical Director and staff veterinarian in examining, handling, and treating patients.
- Administer first aid treatments and medication to sick and injured animals as directed by the Medical Director or veterinarian.
- Perform intake procedures including but not limited to exam, vaccines, medications, testing and treatment.
- Monitor sick and injured animals.
- Maintain a schedule of boosters and exams for all animals in care.
- Schedule spay and neuter surgeries.
- Order medical supplies as needed.
- Maintain medical records in Animals First software.
- Stay current on shelter medicine best practice and follow shelter protocol.
- Perform any other shelter duties as directed by the Medical Director or Shelter Director.
Major Essential Duties
- Be present and timely for the duration of each shift.
- Be empathetic and compassionate when interacting with the animals, staff and public.
- Adhere to the Clermont Animal CARE Culture Agreement which includes behaving in a manner that promotes a fun, positive work environment.
Education and/or Experience
- Certification/Licensed as a Veterinary Technician in the state of Ohio.
- Experience caring for animals in a safe, effective, and humane manner.
- Knowledge of shelter medicine best practice.
- Knowledge of customer service.
- Knowledge of animal behavior patterns and disease symptoms.
- Familiarity with large animals preferred but not required.
- Prior shelter or kennel experience preferred but not required.
- Ability to read and interpret policies, procedures, and professional publications.
- Possess strong oral and listening skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive issues.
- Critical evaluation and observational skills.
Other Knowledge and/or Skills
- Ability to work under general supervision.
- Ability to maintain accurate medical records.
- Ability to exercise judgment, tack and diplomacy.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and corresponding safety precautions necessary for the safe performance of assigned duties.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Adherence to the applicable provisions of the Organization’s Policies & Procedures, the HR Policy Manual, and any other procedures, rules, regulations, and policies set forth by appropriate authorities.
- Must have personal integrity and remain free of felony convictions.
- Must maintain confidentiality.