Clermont Animal CARE Services
How to Report an Animal Complaint
In the case of an animal complaint, please:
- You may stay anonymous when making a complaint but it is helpful to have your contact information in case we need to ask follow-up questions.
Dog Licensing Clermont County, Ohio
Licenses are available for purchase at the shelter for $16.75.
|Wednesday||12:00 PM - 7:00 PM|
|Thursday||12:00 PM - 7:00 PM|
|Friday||12:00 PM - 7:00 PM|
|Saturday||11:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Sunday||11:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
- Licensing fees are far less expensive than the fines you can incur without one. Dog owners with unlicensed dogs can face legal citations and fines of $110, in addition to a $125 fee that can be issued if for an unlicensed dog running at large.
- A license is a dog’s primary identification and provides an easy way to identify and contact the owner if your dog goes missing. Being licensed will drastically improve the chances of your dog being returned to you.
- Revenue from dog license sales funds the county animal shelter and helps the animals in our care. License fees are needed for everything from food and cleaning supplies to water and electric bills, as well as for dog warden services, shelter staff and veterinary care for the thousands of homeless pets that go through the shelter’s doors every year. In fact, without community support from license fees, there is no way to keep the shelter going.
- Licenses can also be purchased online through the county auditor’s office at www.ClermontAuditor.org.
Frequently Asked Dog Licensing Questions
By law (ORC 955.01), all dogs in the State of Ohio three months and older must be licensed by January 31st of each year, or within 30 days of bringing a new dog into your family. The standard licensing period runs December 1st through January 31. After that date, the price of a license doubles.
Your purchase of a dog license provides funding and support for Clermont Animal CARE’s activities to support the return and re-homing of lost and homeless animals in Clermont County. A dog license also increases the chances your lost pet makes his or her way back home.
Pet Microchipping Cincinnati, OH
At Clermont Animal CARE, we want to give every pet the very best chance of finding its way home. We offer microchipping to community members for a fee of $25, available during our normal business hours. An appointment is not required, but we suggest you call the shelter at (513) 732-8854 in advance, to confirm availability.
With our “Free Ride Home” program, if our Animal Control Officers find your pet and its microchipped, they will return your pet to your home and avoid a trip to the shelter if your animal is microchipped and registered with current information. Please note that if you are not home or the pet is brought to the shelter for scanning by a member of the public, you will need to come pick up your pet.